In this experiment we try to find an answer to how can the N-Body problem be solved? When a space satellite stops working or expires, it is left behind in space and called space junk. As these junks are increasing rapidly due to the increased space explorations, it becomes crucial to study gravitational two-body problems.
The first step to solving the N-body problem can be to understand it in a simpler form just like the 2-body problem which in turn will help in tracking the satellite movement in space,. Therefore, for stimulating a special case of the n-body problem, our aim will be to create a computer program.
To develop a computer program for stimulating a special case of the n-body problem.
2. C++ language
3. Microsoft OpenGL
1. The junk that gets collected in space in the form of satellite residue is called space junk.
2. We convert n-body problems into two-body problems to tackle the movement of satellites
Step 1: With the help of C++ and Matlab, write, test, compile, animate and debug the program.
Step 2: Through Microsoft OpenCL, user interfaces enable control over stimulation variables.
1. The built software has a kinetic and potential energy indicator that displays the energy conservation and ensures the program’s accuracy.
2. Numerically solving the two-body problem presented the most computational way for modelling n free bodies in real-time.
1. Modeling this program enables us to understand special cases of n-body problems and helps in solving general problems.
2. This is not only a mathematical achievement but also a huge achievement in solving space-related problems.
1. Carefully write the program.
2. Start with a small problem and see if it’s working.
3. Animate the program carefully.
This experiment was aimed to get a solution to how can the N-Body problem be solved? We created a software for simulation and animation of the N-Body problems in two bodies using a special case of two-body problems.
Q.1 What was the aim of your experiment?
ANS. To develop a computer program for stimulating a special case of the n-body problem.
Q.2 What do you understand about space junk?
ANS. The junk that gets collected in space in the form of satellite residue is called space junk.
Q.3 Which language did you use to create the program?
ANS. C++ language.
Q.4 What result have you obtained in this experiment?
ANS. Modelling this program enables us to understand special cases of n-body problems and helps in solving general problems.
Q.5 Does the built program conserve energy?
ANS. The built software has a kinetic and potential energy indicator that displayed the energy conservation and ensured the program accuracy.
Q.6 Why is it important to study n-body problems in a simpler way?
ANS. For tracking the satellite movement in space, it became crucial to study the n-body problem in a simpler way which is by changing it to two-body problems.
Saquib Siddiqui is a Mechanical Engineer with expertise in science projects and experiments. Saquib’s work focuses on integrating scientific concepts with practical applications, making complex ideas accessible and exciting for learners of all ages. In addition to his practical work, Saquib has authored several articles, research papers, and educational materials.