We often purchase Cannabis from the market to use with our diet, but we often find it difficult to decarboxylate them. So, in today’s article, we will teach you how to decarboxylate cannabis.
Now, let us have a look at the resources that are required to decarboxylate cannabis. They are as follows:
- Baking Tray
- Oven Tray
Steps To Decarboxylate Cannabis
Step 1: The first step is to break the cannabis into small pieces.
Breaking the Cannabis in Small Pieces
Step 2: Once you are done breaking with cannabis, the second step is to gently spread it across the baking tray.
Spreading Cannabis into Baking Tray
Step 3: The third step is to heat the oven to around 240 degrees Fahrenheit because this is the temperature where the decarboxylation process starts to take place.
Setting the Oven Temperature
Step 4: Now, put the cannabis inside the oven
Putting the Cannabis inside the Oven
Step 5: Now, you have to wait for around 45 minutes to an hour to get the best decarboxylation results.
Waiting for the Results
Step 6: After an hour, gently remove the bowl of cannabis from the oven. Keep it outside on a flat surface and let it cool down. Once it is cooled down, you will notice its colour change from green to medium brown.
- Once the cannabis is cooled down, grind it in a mixer or food processor and make a fine powder.
Things To Remember
- Make sure you pre-heat the oven before heating the cannabis inside it
- Beware and keep an eye on the cannabis that is kept inside the oven
- Make sure you stir the cannabis after ten minutes of interval
- Remember, you should never increase the temperature by more than 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure you store the cannabis in an airtight container as you use it to store other herbs.
Saquib Siddiqui is a Mechanical Engineer and a content creator. He has special interest in science experiments and teaches the same to school and college students. He is also a technical lead at RUDE LABS PVT. LTD.