Making fountains is one of the fun-loving activities to enjoy with kids. But we have mostly seen flowing fountains working with the help of electricity. So, today we will learn about how to make a flowing fountain without electricity. We assure you it will be a fun DIY project.
Let us go through the list of supplies that are required to make a flowing fountain without electricity. They are as follows:
- Plastic Bottle
- Cutter (Pointed object to make holes)
- Popsicle Sticks
- Plastic Container
- A jar filled with water
- Glue Gun
Steps To Make A Flowing Fountain Without Electricity
Step 1: Take a plastic bottle, draw two markings, one at the top and the second one at the bottom, and then make the hole with the help of a pointed object.
Step 2: Take one straw and place it inside the bottom hole.
Attaching the Straw
Step 3: Now, take the remaining straws and connect them.
Connecting the Straws
Step 4: The next step is to join the other straws into the top hole.
Attaching the Straws
Step 5: Connect the popsicle sticks, which will be our base, and place it over the plastic container. Simultaneously, keep the plastic bottle on the popsicle sticks.
Placing the Bottle on the Popsicle Sticks
Step 6: The last step is to slowly start pouring the water.
- We recommend you add a food color inside the water and mix it.
- We also recommend you use the old plastic bottle as it will help to recycle the old materials.
Things To Remember
- Make sure you connect all the straws appropriately
- Lastly, once you are done with the experiment, make sure you wash your hands appropriately.
An Indian nuclear physicist, founding director, and professor of physics at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.