As we know, playing with Lego blocks children is fun, but it also helps our children to study and understand the concepts. So, in today’s article, we will teach you how to make a Lego balance. With this, you can make your children understand the concepts such as balancing.
Now, let us take some pen, and paper and start listing down the supplies that are required to make a Lego Balance. They are as follows:
- Lego Bricks
- Lego Technic Bricks with Holes
- Lego Plate
- Lego Modified Brick with pins and axle hole
Steps To Make A LEGO Balance
Step 1: Firstly, connect two technic bricks.
Connecting the Technic Bricks
Step 2: Then make two pans or boxes which will be used to balance the weights. You can make one weight box big and another box of smaller size, or you can make both with equal size.
Making the Box or Pan
Step 3: In the third step you have to slowly and gently attach both the pans of the boxes on the sides of the technic bricks.
Attaching the Pans or Boxes
Step 4: In the fourth step you have to create and connect the modified bricks and create a base scale. Here, we have used the two slope bricks because it looks cool and attractive. Once you
Creating a Base Scale
Step 5: The last step is to put the materials inside the boxes. On one side of the stack, we have put some coins and on the other side, we have inserted some marbles and tried to match the weights equally.
Balancing the Items
- We recommend you use one technic brick of 1×14 size, and the second technic brick should be 2×2 size.
- We also, recommend you make the weighing box or pan of equal size.
Things To Remember
- Make sure you attach all the Lego pieces appropriately
- Make sure you properly connect the technical bricks
- Also, make sure you do not add heavy materials which will as result in damage to your scale.
Saquib Siddiqui is a Mechanical Engineer and a content creator. He has special interest in science experiments and teaches the same to school and college students. He is also a technical lead at RUDE LABS PVT. LTD.