You have seen several pages describing the light following robot. But have you ever thought you could also develop that robot quickly? Thus, in today’s article, we will learn about how to make a light-tracking robot.
Let us look at the list of supplies required for this project. They are as follows:
- AAA battery 4x / 6v power supply
- Veri board
- BC337 / 2n2222 Npn transistor 2x *
- LDR (photo-resistor) 2x *
- Gear motor 2x
- Wheel 2x (compatible with the motor)
- Rotary wheel (Third wheel)
- Battery Holder
- Double-Sided Tape
Steps To Make A Light-Tracking Robot
Step 1: Take the Vero board and then attach the motors with the help of double-sided tape
Adding motors on Vero board
Step 2: The following step is to prepare a circuit diagram.
Preparing a Circuit Diagram
Step 3: Now, take a piece of Veroboard and then solder all your components slowly and carefully on that. Place the LDR’s leg long as they will play the role of antenna.
Step 4: Add the sensor to the robot’s body by using double-sided tape. Now, connect the suitable motor to the left sensor and connect the left motor to the suitable sensor. Finally, add a power source by using 4 AAA/ AA cells or with the help of a 3 to 7.4v power supply.
Adding Sensor and Power Source
Step 5: The last step is to keep the torch in front of the car and turn it on. You will notice the robot will track the light.
Light Tracking Robot
- We recommend you to use your old toys with wheels as chassis rather than using a Vero board.
Things To Remember
- If you notice the motor turns towards the opposite direction, then simply swap and adjust its wires.
- In this experiment, you should never forget the left sensor will control the right side motor. Simultaneously the right sensor will control the left side motor.
Saquib Siddiqui is a Mechanical Engineer and a content creator. He has special interest in science experiments and teaches the same to school and college students. He is also a technical lead at RUDE LABS PVT. LTD.