This tutorial will show you how to make an electric motor using a battery magnet and copper wire for your science project.
Electric Motor works on the electromagnetic concept. The Forces produced by the magnetic field help in making turning motions in the electric motors.
To make this working model of motor, we need;
- Copper wire
- Hot glue gun
- Safety pins
Steps To Make An Electric Motor
Step 1: wind a copper wire around the battery.
Step 2: Now secure the wire ( this will be used as an induction coil).
Step 3: by using sandpaper, remove the isolation on the one side only of each end of the wire.
Step 4: Now, set a battery on some clay, take the safety pin to each pole, and place a magnet on the top of the battery.
Step 5: Now, thread the coil to the safety pins.
Step 6: you will observe that the coil starts spinning and the engine is running.
Current is flowing through the coil. The coil’s interaction with the magnet caused it to spin.
In this tutorial, the electric motor science model helps students understand the concept of electric motor working and the flow of electricity due to electromagnetic waves.
Things To Remember
- Don’t let the circuit close for more than 1 minute; this may cause the battery to burn.
- Working slowly and carefully during cutover.
- Learn all you can about the materials and techniques you’re using.
- Work carefully during wire attachment.
- The battery will be warm during the experiment, so be careful with it.
- Be careful during work with soldering iron.
Cisco Ramon is an American software engineer who has experience in several popular and commercially successful programming languages and development tools. He has been writing content since last 5 years. He is a Senior Manager at Rude Labs Pvt. Ltd.