In this experiment-modification of calcium-phosphate coatings on titanium by recombinant amelogenin, we will be finding the effect of amelogenin on calcium phosphate crystal morphology. This is because we want to design a coating that has better osteointegration properties and to gain some understanding of enamel mineralisation mechanisms.
To investigate how calcium phosphate crystal morphology gets affected by Amelogenin.
1. A group of protein isoforms that are generated by the proteolysis from the AMELY gene in males on the Y chromosomes, and the AMELX gene, on the X chromosomes is called Amelogenin.
2. They exist in both X and Y chromosomes and are used for sex determination in cattle and humans.
3. The functional connection or structural connection between the load-bearing artificial implant and living bones.
2. Titanium surfaces
3. SCS solution
Step 1: Submerge the titanium surfaces in SCS’s solutions. The solution will resemble the physiologic fluid.
Step 2: Add amelogenin to the surface of the titanium.
Step 3: Leave it to form the crystals of calcium phosphate.
Step 4: Treat the samples with several reagents to improve their surface reactivity.
Step 5: Record your observations.
1. From the experiment, we observed that amelogenin affected the calcium phosphate crystal morphology.
2. The particularly favorable condition for this process is not known.
3. Still, we could tell by the data that does-amelogenin affected the morphology of calcium phosphate crystals.
1. From the effect of amelogenin on calcium phosphate, we concluded that amelogenin forms the crystals of enamel.
2. Amelogenin had a significant and elongated effect on the topography of the crystals of Calcium-Phosphate.
3. But the effect of amelogenin on the morphology of Calcium-Phosphate crystals is based on various circumstances, for instance, the type and shape of crystals and the amelogenin concentration.
1. Handle the amelogenin solution with care.
2. Do not touch the titanium surface until it forms Calcium-Phosphate crystals.
In this experiment (modification of Calcium-Phosphate coatings on titanium by recombinant amelogenin), we investigated the effect of Amelogenin on the morphology of calcium phosphate crystals.
Q.1 What was the aim of your experiment?
ANS. We aimed to investigate how the morphology of calcium phosphate crystals gets affected by Amelogenin.
Q.2 Does amelogenin affect the morphology of calcium phosphate crystals?
ANS. Yes, amelogenin forms the enamel crystals and affects the morphology of calcium phosphate crystals.
Q.3 On what condition, the effect of amelogenin on the morphology of calcium phosphate depends?
ANS. It depends on the type of crystals and the concentration of amelogenin.
An Indian nuclear physicist, founding director, and professor of physics at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.